This is a AK4497 DIY DAC I built using DIYINHK kits.
As you can probably tell from the photo, I went a overboard with this project — oversized transformers, separate power supplies for each channel, Burson Audio V6 Classic discrete op-amp...
This DAC was displayed in the DCAudioDIY room at Capital Audiofest (CAF) a few years ago. It hasn't been used for the past few years, but it was fully functional the last time I used it.
$100.
Hopefully, a younger DIY audio enthusiast will grab it, have some fun with it, and maybe take the hobby further.
Important safety note: The DAC is not installed in an enclosure, so potentially dangerous voltages are exposed. There is a risk of electric shock if it is handled improperly. Please take it only if you understand how to work safely with exposed electronics.
Use and handle entirely at your own risk.
Attachment:
AK4497 DAC_s.jpg [ 87.01 KiB | Viewed 107 times ]
Initially listed it as free but changed to $100, so only those serious about it will get it.
BTW, I wont be providing any post purchase support.