Switch to full style
A place to discuss member's DIY audio projects & post pictures/schematics. NOTE: There is a limit of 2MB per attachment, and a maximum of 3 attachments per message. If you need to post more than 3 attachments, just add another message.
Post a reply

Building a server

August 15th, 2023, 3:41 pm

I am building a storage server. I have a case. I need some more drive rails. Anybody have extra Coolermaster drive rails?

What operating system should I use? Use Windows so I can have Raid?

Any other tricks I should know about?

Re: Building a server

August 15th, 2023, 4:29 pm

You can do raid with just about any operating system. Is this going to be storage ONLY, or a multi-use PC that has a lot of shared storage?

August 15th, 2023, 5:28 pm

At least storage only.

What do you recommend?

August 15th, 2023, 5:55 pm

For storage only, I'd go with FreeNAS....

August 16th, 2023, 1:53 am

"TrueNAS CORE 13.0-U5.3"?

August 16th, 2023, 2:04 am

Yeah...

August 16th, 2023, 7:44 am

Send a picture of what kind of Cooler-Master drive rails you mean. Cooler-Master uses several different types. I think I have two pair but to be sure send a picture.

August 16th, 2023, 7:49 am

I looked and it says Cooler Master on the drive rails I have. If you want them you can have them. I live in Kemp Mill, MD.

August 16th, 2023, 7:53 am

It's these....
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=CoolerMaster+Hard+Drive+Mounting+Plastic+Rails&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_odkw=CoolerMaster+Hard+Drive+Mounting+Plastic+Rails&_osacat=0

brombo wrote:Send a picture of what kind of Cooler-Master drive rails you mean. Cooler-Master uses several different types. I think I have two pair but to be sure send a picture.

August 16th, 2023, 8:42 am

I have at least two pair and you are welcome to them.
Post a reply