Switch to full style
A place to discuss member's DIY audio projects & post pictures/schematics. NOTE: There is a limit of 2MB per attachment, and a maximum of 3 attachments per message. If you need to post more than 3 attachments, just add another message.
Post a reply

Re: Trying out the new Radian LM10n planar speaker

January 3rd, 2024, 8:06 am

Have the updated baffles wired and first measurements done to update the DSP crossover for the LM10n.

The Parasound Z-AMP v3 needs RCA inputs and the dspNexus has XLR, so making some adapter cables. More measurements to integrate the 2x12 OB servo subs once I have all the cables built and installed.

The Monolith II's are updated versions of the speakers I brought to CAF2018.
Attachments
M2DSPXO-running.jpg

January 3rd, 2024, 8:28 am

Here is my go to document from Rane on making interconnect cables.
Attachments
Rane Sound_System_Interconnection.pdf
(462.62 KiB) Downloaded 221 times

January 3rd, 2024, 8:49 am

Tom,
Thanks! Will read it soon.

January 3rd, 2024, 11:09 pm

The system is playing music.

The GR NEO3 tweeter, Radian Audio LM10n midrange planars and GR-Research and Rythmik Audio 2x12 OB servo subs.

DSP crossover is the dspNexus 2x8 driving two Parasound Z-AMP v3's.

Some final measurements to adjust driver levels and it will be time for some music listening.
Attachments
M2SystemRunning.jpg

January 6th, 2024, 9:01 am

Did some DSP crossover rework of the Monoliths II with the LM10n planar midrange with the CLIO Pocket system measurements and this is the on-axis farfield response in the room.

Still have room modes to work on below 200Hz and possibly some tweeter response flattening that can be done.
Attachments
m2-FullResponse_v3-small.jpg
Post a reply